We have assessed our clinic for risks and implemented additional processes as detailed below
1. Undertaken a COVID-19 risk assessment:
- Assessment date 20/05/20
- This assessment will be reviewed as and when Government guidance on COVID-19 changes.
2. Heightened cleaning regime:
- Clinic rooms will be cleaned before/after the treatment of every patient, including tables, pillows, chairs, door handle and floor.
- Toilet/washroom will be cleaned before/after the treatment of every patient, including door handle, sink taps and toilet flusher.
- The floors of toilet/washroom and hallway will be cleaned twice daily.
3. Increased protection measures:
- All linen has been removed from the clinic. Treatment tables are now covered with wipeable plastic along with disposable tissue.
- There is now plastic floor covering throughout the clinic to allow for a higher frequency of disinfectant floor cleaning.
- All seating has been removed from the waiting area in the hallway to reduce contact surface area.
- All osteopaths and physiotherapists at Osteopathy East will be washing their hands before and after each treatment and wearing the appropriate PPE.
- All payments are to be made contactless or via bank transfer.
4. Put in place distancing measures:
- During the pandemic we will be attempting, whenever possible, to limit the number or patients using the rooms at any one time.
- There are gaps or at least 15 minutes between patients to avoid contact between patients and to allow adequate time to clean and aerate treatment rooms and common areas.
5. Staff training:
- All practitioners working at Osteopathy East are aware of hand-washing technique best practice.
- Know how to put on/remove PPE safely.
- Have been briefed on the updated clinic policy and infection measures.